In the early years, the Bands repertoire consisted of many great classics including overtures, Italian Opera selections, Marche Sinfonicas, Ballabiles (Mazurkas, Waltzes, Polkas), and La Banda Rossas' signature Marcia Reale (The Royal Italian March). The concert setting was very formal as was the bands uniforms. The Bands' reputation grew by leaps and bounds as did the membership, which numbered in the 40 and 50's.
In the 20's, a group of non-musicians wanting to support and promote La Banda Rossa was formed and came to be known as the Red Band Club and continued until 1999.
In the 1940's the band was sponsored by the Fort Schuyler Post and performed under that name. In the 1960's, after deciding by mutual agreement to go their separate ways, the band once again became known as La Band Rossa.
Second Half of the 20th Century 1950-1999
In the 50's, the Band saw many changes. As many of the Italian feasts were no longer being celebrated, the role of La Banda Rossa had to change and look to additional avenues in which to perform. It became a traveling band performing at parades and concerts in the surrounding areas including Albany, Amsterdam, Lake George as well as the Mohawk Valley. The band was asked to play at the election of Dominick Assaro as Mayor of Utica and at a rally when Senator Robert Kennedy visited the Utica area. During this time, the Band also expanded its' repertoire to include Broadway Show Tunes, music by American composers, light Operettas, music of the eras, and American Marches in addition to all the Italian favorites.